Financial advice for retirement years
The freedom to live the retirement lifestyle of your choice with more time to spend with your friends and family can make your retirement years truly enjoyable. However, this is not the time to become complacent about your financial initiatives. Stay open to new ideas and opportunities to leverage your money, even if you are satisfied with your products and their performance.
Tips for fortifying your financial position during your retirement years:
- Join our Citizens Bank Good Life Club – Take advantage of deposit enhancements, travel opportunities and social events for our customers in their retirement years.
- Open a checking account - With any one of Citizens Bank’s convenient checking solutions, you can choose the account that works best for you and your needs.
- Make it easy – Save time, money and paper with Citizens Bank’s Online Banking Solutions.
- NetTeller – Internet banking that allows you to access your financial accounts 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
- Mobile Banking – Access NetTeller through your web-enabled cell phone or other mobile device.
- VISA® Debit Card – Card that allows you to access funds from your checking account to pay for purchases at any retailer that accepts VISA cards.
- ATM Card – PIN protected card that allows you to access your checking or savings account funds at an ATM machine or the Point of Sale.
- Bill Payer – Internet banking service that allows you to pay your bills online 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
- Rent a safe deposit box – Safe deposit boxes offer privacy and security for keeping your valuables and important documents.
- Be safe – Citizens Bank Insurance Services can serve all of your personal insurance needs. We will shop over 30 different insurance carriers to find a program of coverage that’s customized to your individual needs and budget. Get all your insurance needs met at the same great place you do your banking!
- Auto Insurance
- Homeowner’s Insurance
- Recreational Insurance
- Umbrella Liability
- Renter’s Insurance
- Specialty Policies
- Disability, Health and Life Insurance Products
MORE TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Take advantage of senior discounts wherever you can, and don’t be shy in asking for them.
- Do not invest with someone you don't know. Scams targeted at retirees abound. Your investment opportunities should be carefully researched and verified by reputable professionals.
- Be informed. From your investments to your insurance you’ll want to audit your current portfolio and policies and make the necessary changes to reflect your needs and preferences as a retiree.
- Create a complete and detailed listing of your financial, investment, insurance and trust products and put a copy in your safe deposit box.
- Ask a Financial Advisor for a free estate planning guide.